Welcome to Walczak Yacht Brokerage Service, LLC
- 46′ Regal with Volvo IPS drives, serviced 9/23. 2011 model, 500 hours. Lowest price pod express available in this size range.
SALE PENDING New Listing: 1991 48 Able Whistler by CW Paine Alchemist. Show condition, from her carbon rig to her 2020 110 Yanmar. Priced to sell $379,000. Recent arrival, Annapolis..
- What is happening in the pre-owned boat market?
- The Covid spike in boat sales, 2021 and earl ’22 began a rapid taper that continued to slide into the spring of 2023. Multiple buyers driving up prices, as in ’21, are now a distant memory. The first 6 months of 2023 dealers and brokers realized the asking prices need to be adjusted, not based on 2021 sales. Now we are seeing sales increase if the boat is dialed in and the price reasonable. Supply is up and demand is down 30%. The buyers who are ready buyers are very methodical and looking for a “deal”. That being said, when a “special” example of a popular model comes on line there are buyers waiting. Mostly original condition 10, 15 -20 year old boats are a tough sell until the prices get aggressive.
- Boats that have impressive updates, healthy mechanicals and cosmetics are still in high demand, just at lower values. Todays consumer has no interest in boats that need “some work” before they are ready to go cruising.
- Interesting RV business article: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/rv-industry-steers-post-pandemic-100000910.html
- From the Triton:
Lithium-ion battery related yacht fires have been increasing in recent years, with toys and other devices on board yachts being powered by them. These batteries are particularly dangerous due to the nature of how they combust, which includes thermal runway, the process in which they burn. Saltwater exposure can also cause a chemical reaction in lithium-ion batteries which creates a high fire risk.
Increased lithium-ion battery fires have prompted The United Kingdom’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) to release new fire safety and storage guidelines of small electric powered craft on yachts. These fires have also become a reoccurring topic among seminars in the yachting industry, as regulators, insurers, and manufacturers work towards solutions.
- 2018 53 Tiara Eagle Eye loaded with all the right options, T/Volvo IPS, Garmin glass bridge and professionally maintained. Hydraulic swim deck with 2022 Walker Bay RIB. $1,279,000. Annapolis. All services are very dialed in.
Partner Ship, shown below, is best described as a 2007/ gradual refit 2020-2023 Ocean Alexander 64′ . fresh exterior paint, fresh electronics, fresh system/engine maintenance. Annapolis $1,295,000. She will blow your skirt up https://www.walczakyacht.com/boats-for-sale/2007-ocean-alexander-64-pilothouse-annapolis-maryland-6324375/
- SOLD Above is a newly listed 2004 42 Manta MKII. One owner since new. Adjourned is a rare find among the Manta 42’s. These boats are typically used extensively offshore and through the islands creating plenty of wear. Adjourned has been on the Chesapeake Bay since her delivery new. Well maintained and priced aggressively. $269,000. Baltimore
- Full service yacht brokerage service
Documentation and Registration
In house yacht management
Orientation and boat operating lessons
Financing and Insurance
Appraisals and value analysis
Complete repairs, refits and services provided by trusted partners
SOLD 9.20.23 SeaStar, shown above, is a custom Roger Hill design, NZ build, 48′ power cat with twin 480 Yanmar inboards. Planing design, great sea boat and sips fuel at 20 knot plus cruise at 18gph. Two staterooms with private heads, huge open galley down in the starboard hull and open overhead. Lower helm on center designed to be used. Great boat. $595,000. Located Annapolis.
Revenir II is a very impressive example of a 2002 49 Eastbay HX, 1700 hours on fully serviced 3196TA’s. $449,000. New Castle, NH. shown by prior appointment.
Panta Rhei, 2009 54′ Grand Soleil cruiser-racer that has been in dry storage shrink wrapped for 3 years. Commissioning is underway for her new owners to enjoy this spring. Impressive build quality and updates. One owner since new. $459,000. Annapolis.
Victory is a 1994 91 Burger raised pilothouse that benefitted from an extensive refit in 2017. The refit included NEW C-18 Caterpillar main engines and full exterior paint. Owned by the Navy Sailing Foundation since 2017 and maintained to the highest level. Country kitchen, his and her heads in the master and comfortable crew quarters. Aggressively priced for her condition at $1,095,000. Best buy in a quality RPH. Annapolis Link to 360 tour: https://app.cloudpano.com/tours/m9Iefnzzo
Ready for the dark side? This Diesel Duck 48 has a dry stack, keel cooled Lugger. She is capable of going to weather much better than your sailboat. New Listing 11.2022 Ready to head south or north!
2016 50Z MJM. Triple Volvo IPS give her impressive performance while sipping fuel. All maintenance professionally managed and records logged. Complete fresh Garmin package. $1,795,000. 40Z trades considered
Above is the Team Walczak Class 40 racer/minimalistic cruiser.
Greetings boat people. Be sure to check our hot listings coming soon page.
Better Days for Buyers and Owners:
Thinking of trading up? Many opportunities exist. Send us your wish list.
Representing buyers and sellers. That is all we do. No new boat agenda. We manage the surveys, full service (repairs and updates), financing, insurance, deliveries and orientation.
Centrally located in Annapolis MD since 1991. We serve buyers and sellers of yachts worldwide with over 2,000 vessel transactions to date. Our 30 plus years of power and sailboat transactions have provided significant experience however we are a low volume, methodical brokerage company. All our agents have 100’s of near and offshore trips to their credit as well as hundreds of surveys. You will benefit from our experience.
We inspect vessels before our client’s travel. Delivery and orientation to ensure our clients have an enjoyable experience.
Extensive experience in running gear, systems and maintenance required to the benefit of our clients. From selection to orientation, we are a full-service brokerage company.